byITsizePro.co.uk Search

Tuesday 14 September 2010

Pork Rissoles!

There was pork leftover from yesterdays Sunday roast and I couldn't decide what to do with it - fancied trying something different.

If I have beef leftover I like to make rissoles with it - absolutely delicious, so I wondered what they'd be like using pork instead.  Here's what I did (i am deliberately leaving out the amounts partly because I never really measure anything unless it's a cake and partly because anyone reading this will have different amounts of leftovers):

Put some potatoes on to boil, meanwhile grind up the leftover pork - ideally in a food processor - with some onion plus any leftover carrots, add an apple, once everything is finely ground add some black pepper, a bit of hot sauce (I use Jamaican hot sauce), and then mash the potatoes and mix in.

Sprinkle some flour onto a work surface and then make patties with the mixture.  Fry for a few minutes until golden on each side and serve with fresh vegetables and gravy.

Turned out really nice - so next time you have some pork leftover, give these rissoles a try, really easy to make and very tasty.  The apple really added something - I would possible put a few  more herbs in next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

Comment Box Free